IMPORTANT! AMERICAN SURETY COMPANY accepts and authorizes its representatives to accept only specific forms of collateral as security.
THIS ACCEPTABLE COLLATERAL IS LIMITED TO:
1. CASH including cashier’s checks, money orders and certified checks;
2. Properly assigned SAVINGS ACCOUNTS represented by passbooks, or properly assigned CERTIFICATES OF DEPOSIT;
3. Approved and properly assigned STOCKS AND BONDS;
4. REAL ESTATE evidenced by properly executed mortgages, deeds of trust or confessions of judgment in favor of AMERICAN SURETY COMPANY in
accordance with applicable state law.
IMPORTANT! Representatives are not authorized to accept and AMERICAN SURETY COMPANY is not responsible for any type of form of collateral other than collateral enumerated above.
YOU ARE ASSUMING SPECIFIC OBLIGATIONS-READ CAREFULLY!
This AGREEMENT is made by and between the undersigned Defendant, Indemnitors, and American Surety Company through its duly authorized Agent
ALPHA BONDING COMPANY
WHEREAS, American Surety Company(hereinafter called “Surety”), at the request of the Indemnitor has or is about to become Surety on an appearance bond for Defendant in the sum of
by its certain bond executed on power of attorney number(s)___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, the parties jointly and severally agree as follows:
1. That the Indemnitors will have Defendant forthcoming before the Court named on said Bond at the time(s) therein fixed, and at such other times as may be ordered by the Court.
2. For goods and valuable consideration, the undersigned principal and/or indemnitor agree(s) to indemnify and hold harmless the Surety Company or its agent for all losses not otherwise prohibited by law or by rules of the Department of Insurance. The indemnitors will at all times indemnify and save the Surety harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, charges, counsel fees, expenses, suits, orders, judgments, or adjudications, whatsoever which the Surety shall or may for any cause sustain or incur, by reason of Surety having executed said Bond or undertaking, and will, upon demand, place the Surety in funds to meet all such claims, demands, liabilities, costs, charges, counsel fees, expenses, suits, orders judgments, or adjudications against it, by reason of its Suretyship, and before the Surety shall be required to pay the same.
3. The Indemnitors agree not to make, or attempt, any transfer of property, real or personal, in which they may have to may acquire any interest, and they agree that the Surety shall have a lien upon all property of Indemnitors for sums due Surety or for which Surety has or may become liable by reason of having executed the Bond referred to herein.
4. That the voucher, or any other evidence of any payment made by the Surety, by reason of this Suretyship, shall, in itself, be conclusive evidence of such payment as to the Indemnitors, their estate, and those entitled to share in their estate, and their successors and assigns.
5. That the Surety may withdraw, at any time provided by law, from its Suretyship upon the Bond or undertaking herein, without liability to any party.
6. That Indemnitors’ liability to Surety is not limited to the Bond referred to herein, but shall apply to all other bonds or undertakings issued by Surety at the request of Indemnitors.
7. That Indemnitors’ obligations and indemnities as contained herein shall not terminate upon exoneration of the bond or undertaking but shall continue until such time that Surety is relieved of all duties, demands, liabilities, obligations, costs or expenses in any way related thereto.
8. That the waiver by Surety of any breach of any term or condition herein shall not be deemed a waiver of same of any subsequent breach of the same term or condition, and that failure of any Indemnitor to comply with the terms and conditions herein shall not act as or be construed as a release or waiver as to the remaining Indemnitor who shall remain liable and bound by all provisions of this Agreement.
9. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced under the laws of the State of Georgia. In the event any of the provisions of this Agreement as inconsistent with the laws of this State, this Agreement, as to these provisions only, shall be null and void, and the remainder shall be enforced with the same effect as though such provisions were omitted.
10. The use of the plural herein shall include the singular. Obligations of the Indemnitors shall be joint and several and the provisions of this Agreement shall be binding upon Indemnitors’ heirs, successors, representatives and assigns.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement this _________________ day of _____________________________________, 20____________.
The undersigned Defendant and Indemnitor(s) acknowledge receipt of this Financial Statement and Indemnity Agreement and have received a copy of all other documents signed relating to the bond(s)
I UNDERSTAND THAT IS SIGNING THE BOND FOR _____________________________________________________
IN THE AMOUNT OF ______________________________ THAT I AGREE TO MAKE SURE THE SUBJECT IN IN COURT FOR ALL APPEARANCES UNTIL COURT DISPOSITION IS FINAL. IF SUBJECT IS INCARCERATED IN ANOTHER FACILITY OR CANNOT APPEAR THAT I WILL MAKE THE APPEARANCE FOR_____________________________________ AND ADVISE THE COURT OF HIS/HER REASON FOR NON-APPEARANCE.
I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I STILL FAIL TO PERFORM THIS DUTY AND A RULE NISI ORDER IS SIGNED AND
DELIVERED TO THE BONDING COMPANY BY THE JUDGE THAT ANY SECURITY MONEY PAID IS NONREFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT IF SUBJECT OWES A BALANCE TO THE BONDING COMPANY THAT I CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS AMOUNT.
I AGREE TO RE-PAY THIS MONEY WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE NON-APPEARANCE IN COURT UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH MANAGEMENT.
I UNDERSTAND IN SIGNING THAT SECURITY MONEY WILL BE GIVEN BACK AFTER 14 WORKING DAYS
FROM THE SETTLED DATE OF THE CASE. THE SECURITY MONEY IS GIVEN BACK TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY FROM 9A.M. TO 3P.M.
I understand and agree that you, as my Bail Agent, shall have control and jurisdiction of me during the term for which the bond is executed and that
you will have the right to surrender me on this Bond at any time that you may desire, as provided by law. I further agree and understand that I will not leave the jurisdiction of the County without the permission of the Bondsman, nor commit any further offenses that will subject me in any
subsequent arrest by any authority, nor fail to pay any premium due. I will notify promptly my Bondsman of any change of address(es) and carefully
comply with all specific instructions given to me by my Bondsman. Further, I understand and agree that failure to comply with any of the herein contained conditions shall be cause for immediate surrender without any liabilities for the return of any premium. “Persons on Federal Bonds have other restrictions of the Court” for good and valuable consideration, the undersigned principal hereby agrees to indemnify and save harmless 100% Bonding Company, as surety, from any loss that they may sustain as a consequence and incident to the execution of the foregoing and that principal hereby acknowledges that if the foregoing surety shall be required to make payment of any such sum in connection with the execution of the
foregoing Bond, that he/she is responsible and admits herein his/her indebtedness in the said surety.